Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, Friendship, and Shout-outs

   “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
                                                                                    -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

There is something beautiful about moments spent between friends—they don’t have to be particularly life-changing. They don’t have to be deeply philosophical. They don’t have to be relationship-defining. They don’t even have to be exciting.

The most beautiful thing about moments between friends is the sense of human closeness shared.

God didn't intend man to live alone. He intended us to have spouses, and children, and brothers and sisters in Christ. Together, all these relationships create the body of Christ; His church.

That is why these little moments are so special to me. While I appreciate sharing deep, spiritual ideas or doing exciting things with my friends, I am just as content to have a coffee with my friend Lindsey, or sit in my friend Olivia’s room while we silently blog and do homework on a misty, rainy Oregon afternoon, or have a crazy, silly dance party to Phantom of the Opera with my roommate Lily.

All these moments are moments of bonding…and I appreciate them more than anything. When God has placed certain special people in your life, it is just so evident, that you began to become aware of His absolutely perfect timing and perfect placement.

Having Godly, meaningful friendships is vital to your spiritual and emotional health. Without those kind of relationships, it is easy to lose focus of the important things in your life. Having close Christian friends to keep me accountable, pick me up when I’m down, encourage me daily, and pray with me has been one of the most wonderful experiences of college for me. I am so incredibly blessed!

As a final note, both my friends Olivia and Lily have started personal blogs!

You can find Olivia’s blog “Finding Livi”, at FindingLivi.blogspot.com. Olivia is a psychology major and one of the sweetest, kindest, and most Godly women I know. She blogs about her life journey, faith, and life experiences.

Lily’s blog, “Life, Love, and Lily(s)” can be found at LifeLoveandLily.blogspot.com. Lily is a Christian ministry major, my roommate, and funny, intelligent, crazy one! She blogs about the humor in her boring life. 

Sayonara! 

Zoe 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

follow me on instagram!

About Me


Zoe. Twenty-four. Christian. PNW girl at heart, but following where He leads.
Always-wanderer, old book-collector, and coffee enthusiast.